Liquid Flow Floor Screed
GM Floor Screeds are specialists in liquid flow screed applications. Liquid floor screed is also known as flowing screed. It is designed to provide a smooth level surface in both commercial and domestic buildings and properties prior to the application of floor finishes.
What is Liquid Screed?
Liquid floor screeds comprise a sand and a binder system based on calcium sulphate. It is designed to provide a professional finish, with a smooth, level surface to lay your flooring. Liquid screed is easy to pump or even pour and dries quickly. Our screed is pumped directly onto a surface, so it reduces thickness and drying time, giving you peace of mind that you're able to continue with your project on schedule.
Benefits of Liquid Screed
- It transfers heat far better than a standard sand and cement screed liquid screeds as it leaves no gap unfilled - all air pockets are filled preventing heat from rising.
- Transfers 100% efficiently.
- Reduced labour requirements.
- Reduced material requirements - although it is an expensive product, aiming to keep screed at a minimum requirement, helps keep costs at competitive rates.
Key Features of Using Liquid Screed
Liquid floor screed has many advantages. These include:
- It has a low risk of shrinking and cracking.
- The thickness of the application is considerably reduced in comparison to traditional sand and cement screed.
- After being laid, it can be walked on in 24-48 hours.
- It can be loaded after 7 days.
- Ideal for use with underfloor heating.
- Easily achieves SR2 finish as described in BS8204.
- It is protein-free – cannot harbour harmful bacteria.
- Non-combustible (tested to BS476 Part 4).