Liquid & Flow Screed
Liquid floor screed is also known as flowing screed. It is designed to provide a smooth level surface in both commercial and domestic buildings and properties prior to the application of floor finishes. The conductivity of liquid screed, which is superior to that of traditional screed, makes it a natural choice for under floor heating installations.
GM Floors Screeds are specialists in liquid and flow screed applications in the Midlands floor screening industry and we take pride in our range of products and level of service.
What is Liquid Screed?
Liquid floor screeds comprise sand and a binder system based on calcium sulphate. It is designed to provide a professional finish, with a smooth, level surface upon which to lay your flooring. Liquid screed is easy to pump or even pour and dries quickly. If laid directly onto concrete, without the screed finish, flooring can be uneven, and reflect the imperfections in the surface below. Our screed is pumped directly onto a surface, so it reduces thickness and drying time, giving you peace of mind that you're able to continue with your project on schedule. Liquid screed is the ultimate contemporary solution for good looking floors.
Key Features of Using Liquid Screed
Liquid floor screed has many advantages. These include:
- liquid floor screed can be applied fast and therefore can be dry enough to then walk on 24 to 48 hours after the application
- Liquid screed has a low risk of shrinking and cracking
- Liquid screed is suitable for flooring floor construction and therefore avoids the need for reinforcement
- The thickness of the application is considerably reduced in comparison to traditional sand and cement screed.
- liquid screed over traditional sand and cement, the quality of the finish; no matter what the imperfections are of the concrete below the surface, the liquid screed will provide a smooth and even surface. Due to this it is particularly good for under floor heating installations.
Benefit of Liquid Screed
- It transfers heat far better than a standard sand and cement screed liquid screeds leave no gap unfilled - all air sockets are completely filled preventing heat from rising
- Transfers 100% efficiently
- Reduced labour requirements
- Reduced material requirements - although it is an expensive product, aiming to keep screed at a minimum requirement, helps keep costs at competitive rates
GM Floor Screeds
GM Floor Screeds are specialists in liquid and flow screed applications for both commercial and domestic properties. We take pride in our range of products and level of service provided by our floor screeding contractors.
Our screed is pumped directly onto a surface, so it reduces thickness and drying time, giving you the peace of mind that you are able to continue with your project on schedule.
Contact us on 01543 877111 to find out more information about our liquid and flow screed services.
Got A Question?
Check out our Screeding FAQ's to learn more.