Liquid Flow Floor Screed
GM Floor Screeds are specialists in liquid flow screed applications. Liquid floor screed is also known as flowing screed. It is designed to provide a smooth level surface in both commercial and domestic buildings and properties prior to the application of floor finishes.
What is Liquid Screed?
Liquid floor screeds comprise a sand and a binder system based on calcium sulphate. It is designed to provide a professional finish, with a smooth, level surface to lay your flooring. Liquid screed is easy to pump or even pour and dries quickly. Our screed is pumped directly onto a surface, so it reduces thickness and drying time, giving you peace of mind that you're able to continue with your project on schedule.
Key Features of Using Liquid Screed
Liquid floor screed has many advantages. These include:
- It has a low risk of shrinking and cracking.
- The thickness of the application is considerably reduced in comparison to traditional sand and cement screed.
- After being laid, it can be walked on in 24-48 hours.
- It can be loaded after 7 days.
- Ideal for use with underfloor heating.
- Easily achieves SR2 finish as described in BS8204.
- It is protein-free – cannot harbour harmful bacteria.
- Non-combustible (tested to BS476 Part 4).
Benefits of Liquid Screed
- It transfers heat far better than a standard sand and cement screed liquid screeds as it leaves no gap unfilled - all air pockets are filled preventing heat from rising.
- Transfers 100% efficiently.
- Reduced labour requirements.
- Reduced material requirements - although it is an expensive product, aiming to keep screed at a minimum requirement, helps keep costs at competitive rates.